Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Wait Is Over....I'm In!




Today was an anxious day for me. I was very much hoping to get some good news regarding my entry into The Town Match tomorrow. In an effort to conserve my energy and back should I get good news, I took it easy today. While Kristen spent her morning at Yoga and her afternoon at the Old Course Hotel Spa, I headed for the mountains.


I have walked back and forth and all around "The Himalayas" for years without taking on the challenge. Today was the day. I was ushered in by the old boy at the top of the page. He's the boss! Before taking part, I spent some time watching some elder St. Andrews Ladies Putting Club members  make their way around the course. Admittedly, I caught myself on several occasions thinking their lines were way off only to see their ball slowly but surely make its way to the hole. I quickly learned that there was a lot of wisdom in those putters. I would soon do well to follow suit. I played the course twice and had the best time. My first crack at it yielded a 43. I took a second loop around in 41 strokes. Not too bad for my first visit. Good fun!



Back to the club after lunch to sit and wait on the call. While sitting with "the elders" I got an email from the club secretary that I was indeed in for The Town Match and set to play The Jubilee at 9:08 am tomorrow. I couldn't have been more thrilled! In all my excitement it dawned on me that I hadn't brought a coat and tie for lunch and drinks at the R & A following play. After calling Kristen to give her the good news, I had some shopping to do. I secured a dress shirt from a little shop on Market St, a tie from the Club and a beautiful tweed jacket from Johnstons of Elgin. I was all set! Now on to another wonderful dinner date with Kristen at our favorite, Little Italy. Tomorrow and The Town Match can't come soon enough. That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment