Thursday, September 7, 2017

Portmarnock Golf Club_September 6th 2017




Round two of my Dublin golfing exploits took place early on Wednesday morning here at Portmarnock Golf Club. I had the 7:50 am tee time. After dealing with the #$@% Dublin City Centre traffic I barely got there in time to tee off much less warm up. I am not a fan of jumping out of the car and pegging it. Unfortunately, such was my plot for the day. Nonetheless, I was the second time off for the day and was playing by myself. Beautiful morning for a walk around this historic track. 


The pic above is of the 1st green. I had a less than auspicious start to my round having the non warm up session as referenced above. Got things in gear in the next couple of holes pictured below and parred out until a sloppy bogey on the 9th from the middle of the fairway. Despite Kristen's constant reminders, I failed to grab anything for breakfast or mid round snack. As a result, I simply ran out of gas on the front 9. 

Tee shot on the Par 4 3rd....Better hug that left side....Water on the right!
Par 4 3rd Green


#1 Handicap hole here at Portmarnock....Driver, punch 6 to 10 ft, par! Pars dont't hurt!



Beautiful Par 5 here. Definitely a 3 shot hole into the wind. Found my way into the  right front bunker below. Practice pays off....Up and down for par.

Par 3 7th from the tee above and the green below. Probably the best shot of the day here.  Hit a 7 iron from 175 yds to about 20 ft. Par.....

These next two are of the view from behind the Par 4 13th green. Beautiful setting!


Beautiful, TOUGH Par 3 16th into a strong wind. Played close to 215 yds  today. 
Approach into the Par 4 18th green. Avoiding the traps on the right of the fairway is step one. Next step, negotiate this crazy green. Slopes off hard on the right side as I would soon find out! 

Lots of history lining the walls of the clubhouse. Took a few shots of some cool stuff. The pic above is of the list of captains dating back over 100 years. The shot below is of the Walker Cup memorabilia from when Phil M. and company came over. 

After lunch at the club I made my way back to the hotel to catch up with Kristen. She had a good day, including a tough session with the Hot Yoga Boss. After walking through the park at St Stephen's Green, we made our way to Il Posto for a quaint Italian dinner. It was a wonderful meal in the perfect setting. A great way to end the day with the cherry on top being the tasty treats that live in the Land of Murphy's! Of the treats that live beyond these walls I cannot tell. I'm only to say that you must partake at least once in your life time to call yourself whole. That is all!






No comments:

Post a Comment